The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) has created 962 pages of new rules to control your doctors and your medical care. These rules can be traced back to ObamaCare and are a dangerous step in the plan to coerce doctors to comply with government rationing.
They will apply not just to Medicare but also to care obtained through private insurance. Here are three things you need to know about the coming rules:
1) Bureaucrats will help decide if care you need is appropriate, not just you and your doctor. It will become difficult to obtain care the government says “costs too much” or doesn’t meet their guidelines.
2) Your medical privacy is also endangered by the new rules. Doctors will be told to put your medical history in government controlled databases that can be accessed by people who have no business looking at your medical records.
3) Independent physicians who refuse to comply will be penalized and could be forced to close their doors.
1) Tell Medicare that these rules are dangerous to patients and their doctors. Implementation must be stopped. Visit http://bit.ly/macracomment to reach the Medicare comment form. Comments are due 6/27.
2) Share your concerns about MACRA rules with your US Senators & Representative. The Capitol switchboard is (202) 2243121 and you can easily reach the online contact forms for your Congressional delegation here: http://www.contactingthecongress.org/
3) Consider finding physicians who are opted out of Medicare and insurance contracts. Such physicians do not have to comply with these dangerous rules and offer other advantages unavailable in the Medicare and insurance system. AAPS has a growing list of physicians who will work directly with you without involving government or insurance bureaucrats: http://bit.ly/patientdirect.
This information brought to you by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons. Our motto is “All for the Patient.” Download this flier at http://bit.ly/patientalert. Sign up for free alerts at http://aapsonline.org/join